Fertility Healthcheck-Giving Yourself A Leg-up For Pregnancy Success.
Jul 20, 2023
Simply by assessing your fertility health sooner than
later gives you the best chance of pregnancy success.
The fertility health check is a good place to begin.
Getting started with Monash IVF KPJ fertility centre in Johor Bahru
An appointment will be arranged for you and your partner to meet with one of our expert fertility specialists for the couple’s fertility health check and screening.
On the day of your first appointment, your Monash IVF KPJ Johor specialist will perform preliminary investigations, discussing any factors that may affect your fertility and give expert advice such as taking folic acid supplements.
Your consultation is also a time for you to get to know the fertility team and ask questions that you may have about your fertility, your chances of success, and available treatment options for you.
Each couple’s journey is uniquely their own. Leave it to our specialists to determine the right path for you. Rest assured that not everyone needs IVF to achieve pregnancy.
Initial investigations for females include:
- Initiation examination
- Pelvic Ultrasound scan
- Female hormone test
A semen analysis is a sperm test we do in Malaysia that evaluates sperm count, motility, morphology, and vitality and more:
- Motility: The sperm’s swimming ability
- Count: The number of individual sperm
- Morphology: The shape of the sperm
- Vitality: How many sperm are alive
Based upon the outcomes of your fertility healthcheck and the recommended treatment plan by your fertility specialist, you may be required to do further tests and examinations including some or all of the following:
A vaginal ultrasound to:
- Determine if any physical changes, such as fibroids or polyps, could affect your menstrual cycle.
- Assess how easy it is to “access” your ovaries, as your eggs will be retrieved by the guided method of transvaginal ultrasound.
- Provide a “baseline” report that can be used as a reference in your processing cycle.
- Measure the size of your ovaries and count the number of small follicles in your ovaries.
- AMH (Anti-mullerian hormone) **depends on patient’s condition / doctor’s order
- Hormone levels **depends on patient’s condition / doctor’s order
Get ‘in the know about your fertility’ with a fertility healthcheck. We’re here for you when you’re ready to take a proactive step forward. Book at appointment or chat over the phone with one of our knowledgeable nurses: firstname.lastname@example.org whatsapp: +6011 4649 5851 ph: +607 225 3190